Monday, January 30, 2012

Progress

Hello Hello

We had a really good week this week. We put another young lady on date. Her name is Marissa. She has two young children, Almonte and Davionte. She has had issues in the past with drugs but it 10 months clean and has seen the changes in her life that have come because of attending church. She has attended foursquare church in the past but ever since we have been talking to her she has latched on to the message. She will be baptized on the 18th of February. She is moving into 2nd ward boundaries in the coming weeks (we work in 3rd ward) so she will start attending their ward next week and then she will be baptized into their ward. We hope the transition is smooth. She is black. It's cool.

Yvonne and Adriana are still doing well. We moved the date and recommitted them to the 25th of February (it was on the 11th). They need to get married and they don't think they can do it financially until the middle of February. But they are still doing well. Yvonne calls us "her angels". She asked us the other day "are you guys angels?" We said no... But she still thinks we are. She's cute.

The Hansen's are doing well too! Mark is finally making it to the point where I think he would accept the invitation to be baptized. Dawn said she would be baptized but we didn't set a date with her because Mark isn't quite ready. He's ready he just doesn't know it yet!! Or maybe he does know it and we just need to invite him. Our district meeting this week was focused a lot on inviting people to be baptized this week. Often times missionaries fall into a pattern of just teaching to teach and they shy away from inviting people to be baptized. So our Zone Leaders committed us to invite at least 2 people a week. An invitation includes using the words... "Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God?" And they want us to do that more often. So we will. And this week. Because of that. We have one more person on date! Good Zone Leaders!

What else... I dunno. We have received a lot of referrals lately. That's a good think. It stopped snowing. Its all wet now.

I rolled my ankle again last p-day. That makes like 4 times so far on my mission... Sister Greer told me to take the week off from basketball... We'll see. I probably will. I hate ankles.

I ate Manuto this week. It was gross. But I would eat it again. Cow's stomach... Interesting texture. I don't recommend it unless you are dying of starvation. That's all. i think...

Oh. That guy who's brain tumor was cured through the power of the Priesthood. Mike. Did I tell you guys that he called again and told us that his lung cancer is gone too!!! Priesthood... its powerful. And I gave the blessing! Its pretty sweet. We still haven't met with him. He is recovering and doesn't want to meet yet. We will see how that goes.

I love you all.
Especially you, Aunt Julie.
And the rest of you too...

Love,
Elder Paxman

1 comment:

  1. AHHHHHH-- I made the email, I made the email!!!! I feel so very special. Besides, you know I am one of your biggest fans, so I deserve it. ;)

    This sounds like such a great week!! It's fun to hear about your investigators progressing. I so hope they are truly converted and will move forward in the Church, bringing generations behind them. Such a cool thought!

    Also amazing about the PH blessing experience. Seriously awesome.

    Have a great week.

    Love,
    Your Favorite Aunt

    ReplyDelete