Monday, January 9, 2012

Transfers

You can continue sending mail to:

305 N 28th Avenue
Yakima, WA 98902

I'm staying!

I'm excited. I didn't want to go. I told president that before I left and he decided to let me stay with Elder Dutson and Betty. I mostly didn't want to leave the people we are teaching! We are so close with a lot of them. There are about 4 investigators that are right on the edge of baptism! We are so close! Terrance Sherwinka and his girlfriend are living together and their family. He is a less-active member and is now getting back into church. The rest are non members. So we are working with them. They came to church on Sunday and loved it! Fast Sunday was great.

The Hansens didn't come to church because she had to work. But she was very bummed. She wanted to come. So did he. Mark is a little more hesitant than Dawn is but they are both going somewhere.

But! I cured cancer this week! well I didn't. but the lord did through me. Two weeks ago we got a call from Jonothan Isom in our ward telling us that he has a friend with cancer in his brain and lungs and he wanted a priesthood blessing. So we went over. He told us that he has been dealing with this brain tumor for a long time and he was going through chemotherapy and wasn't seeing many good results. So I blessed him. Then on Friday we got a call from Jonothan telling us the cancer in his brain was GONE! not going away. gone. He still has issues with his lungs but he is also still smoking. So we are going to see him later and bless him for his lungs. He is a non-member so we are seeing great things. We hope to be able to teach him. He is probably in his 70's so he is kinda set in his ways but that blessing was awesome... The priesthood works. His name is Mike and we are going to see him again soon. once he feels better.

Also,
Other things are happening. Jonothan Isom is a Less-active in our ward. He is just coming back to church. He was married and his wife was way anti but he just got a divorce and now he has decided to come back and he is giving us all sorts of referrals. such as mike! he is kinda handicapped in some way. he speaks slowly. But he served a mission. He left early. he only lasted 6 months. so Elder Dutson and I both had the idea to talk to Sister Wilson and have her make an "Elder Isom" tag for him. I'm also going to give him a tie! Life is just awesome. IM STAYING IN YAKIMA!!!

Its supposed to be cold coming up soon. It has been really warm this winter so far. in the 40's and sometimes even the 50's. ridiculously warm for this time of year. but its going to catch up with us soon.

I cant write more because I have no time!
Love you mommy and dad
Love you all.

Love
Elder Paxman

2 comments:

  1. What an exciting email!! The chance to witness a Priesthood blessing work is amazing. Simply amazing. What a blessing and honor to hold such a power! It's exciting to hear about the great experiences Chase is having in Yakima, and I'm glad he's happy to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It finally snowed here, but the winter is still warm. I'm glad you are still in Yakima because of your teaching pool and the great relationship you have built with people there, including your companion. I love to hear about your mission, you are making it what a mission ought to be. Keep up the great work. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete