Monday, January 23, 2012

Snow

Okay. So over the past week it has snowed about a foot. maybe more. at least a foot. We have cleared Betty's driveway pretty much every day. I got boots mom! It was cool. Elder Dutson called into the mission office and told sister Bodmer that he still hadn't received his Christmas package and was wondering if it was sitting in the mission office. She said no and he cried a little bit (not really) but he also asked if there were any boots sitting around in the mission office that we could use. She said no but she called Elder Dewolf who works in Yakima and she had him buy us new boots! It was awesome. I love my new boots. They keep my feet dry and warm. There are some stretches of sidewalk that haven't been plowed, or they have been plowed onto and now are covered with snow, so having boots is stupendous.

I also got my GPS mother. Thank you. I kinda love it. I will use it forever. Thank you thank you thank you.

We put a coulple people on date this week. Yvonne and Adriana. Yvonne is Terrance's girlfriend and Adriana is her daughter. They need to get married before they can be baptized but right now they are on date for the 11th of February which is before the next transfer so I will still be here if they get baptized on that date. Yvonne's dad died on Saturday night so she didn't make it to church yesterday... That was a
tough one. We visited her after church though, in the snow. Bishop ended church an hour early because of the snow. He probably could have ended it after sacrament but he waited until after sunday school. Then
we visited Terrance and Yvonne. She is hesitant about getting married right now because her first marriage was unsuccessful to say the least and her family is against her marrying someone who isn't hispanic like her... She is thinking about it and is going to pray about it and we will still plan on the 11th of February... So we have to work on the Law of Chastity and The Word of Wisdom (she drinks coffee), and we still have to introduce Tithing... This will be a tough one. They will make it someday though.

I was telling dad that I will probably leave Yakima on the 22nd of February. President probably wont keep me here. just a heads up.

Ummm.... what else... Elder Dutson and I had a really good companionship inventory the other day. We had Zone Conference on Thursday and President advised us to actually tell your companion if they are bugging you and why. And he gave us suggestions to do it more effectively. It was good. We have always gotten along. But now its even better. Good practice for later I suppose.

What else...We have spent a lot of time inside this week because of the snow. Exchanges have been cancelled on some nights because of the slick roads. We are being careful.

Angel didn't come to church. She had a seizure on Friday that dislocated her hip so she was recovering from that. So we are going to see her tonight.

The Hansens came to church on Sunday. We were thinking that we would have more people at church but Larry King forgot. Marissa got lost. and Yvonne and Adriana weren't able to come because of Yvonne's dad dying. But the Hansens were there! that was good. We watched the Glenn Beck conversion story with them the other day. That was fun.

Giants and Patriots in the super bowl. That is all I know. I asked Giovanni about the NBA but he doesn't know enough! I have no clue whats going on... Help me.

Love,
Elder Paxman








2 comments:

  1. Such fun pictures! I hope you don't freeze clear to death, Chase. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your letters, Chase. So glad you are using some wisdom to stay safe. Sorry for the cold and snow, but it's not much better here. The pictures are awesome.

    ReplyDelete