Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hey There

I never know what to put in that subject line... its usually something lame like "hey there"

It was a good week. We went to the temple today and that is why p-day changed. There are no early morning sessions on Mondays so we went Tuesday! and switched p-day to today this week. That pretty much makes any week complete. So I have nothing else to tell you. not really.

We are teaching this family now. They are entitled the Richards family. Amber and Elijah. We knocked their door and she told us to come back! So we did of course. They met with missionaries 6 years ago and they helped them stop smoking and drugs and drinking and everything! But they went to church and the people in that ward didn't treat them well so they didn't go back. CRAP! well. Now they are youth ministers for Morning Star. Its the biggest church in Yakima. We've actually run into a lot of people who attend there. So they aren't LDS and they probably wont be. At least not in this life. And the biggest reason why they aren't is because people at church didn't treat them well. That is a bummer. The LDS church is supposed to stand out as people who love everyone and accept them. But not this time. Failure. Anyway. The Kimbo's - That family with cheddar bug and terry and melissa and others - they attend morning star. I dunno if you remember them. I sure do.

I met a guy this week who calls himself "King James". he spoke a lot but he didn't really say much. I also talked to a guy on the street who proudly told us he canceled his playboy subscription and he is still a virgin! "A 55 year old virgin, Its a miracle!" he said. Honestly, it would be a miracle if he wasn't.

Then Sunday was the Super Bowl. I'm a bad missionary... I watched a lot of the first half. I watched Mr. Quigley moon walk across the finish line hahaha. Commercials. And I saw the new etrade commercial. Baby speed dating. Ahhhhh! I'm a bad missionary. Breaking rules. But I didn't get to watch the last half. What happened was this. We passed around the dinner calendar during relief society and no one signed up for Sunday night so I asked sister Statler if she would feed us because she is someone I feel comfortable begging for food from. Of course she said yes and told us to come over around 4. We went home and then I realized, crap, we're going to the statlers for dinner! they super bowl is going to be on!! They always have sports on their tv when we go over there so of course they had the super bowl on. For the first quarter we mostly ate in the kitchen but finally we gave into temptation and watched the game.... Just until halftime. When we saw Madonna we left :) And then we saw three people around 7-9 and we heard that it was an awesome game. We went to a less active member's home and he told us it was "the best super bowl ever played". That might be an exaggeration but it did make me feel bad for the young man who missed the last part of the game because he went on exchanges with us that night... He didn't seem too bummed.

This less-active member also told us that we are 60 days away from a war with Iran. Israel is going to bomb Iran and we are going to have to step in, blah blah blah. So. If gas prices go up don't say I didn't warn you.

It was kinda a bummer to miss the super bowl but I knew I would so its not too bad. Giants win. Who cares!.... I do...

Yvonne and Adriana are still going strong. They are going to be interviewed on the 17th and married on the 18th and baptized on the 25th. I hope that all works out. We are working hard to get them both prepared. President Greer needs to interview Yvonne because of stuff that has happened in the past. But everything is falling into place. I will probably be leaving Yakima on the 22nd. That is a guess but I am pretty sure. I've been here forever. I hit 6 months in 10 days... It flew by.

I love you all. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Paxman for your package. Thanks for the letters. Thanks for everything.

Love,
Elder Paxman

1 comment:

  1. Fun week! We all need to do a better job at loving everyone. It would be hard to be a new member of this church! Note to self.

    ReplyDelete