Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Late

The reason I am emailing today is because the holiday yesterday threw everything off. Yesterday just happened to be the day that the LDS Unemployment office was cleaning their carpets and that is where we usually email. so we went to the library but all libraries were closed because of the holiday... So they just told us to email today. I'm sorry. I promise I didn't forget you.

This week was slow. Elder Dutson got sick so we were in all weekend. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were resting days. We didn't really get out which was fine because its kinda cold. It finally snowed again and its supposed to snow a lot more tomorrow. They say 6 inches.

I hear Israel and the US might go to war? Is that true? I don't know who I will cheer for ;). Kidding. Not funny.

So on Tuesday last week we got a text from the AP's and it was a referral. Which is weird because the AP's live in Pasco so we didn't know why they would ever send us a referral. We went to the address they gave to us later that day and met Angel. She told us that she has a lot of health issues and a lot of family issues in the past as well. She has hit a low point in her life and she recognizes it. She decided that she wanted to get a hold of the Mormons. She has grandparents who are LDS and she loved going to church with them as a child. So she found the Mission Office in the phone book and gave them a call and then we went over there that day. Miracle. Anyway, she has a rough life. We are now teaching her and trying to get her and her daughter and neighbors back into the church.

We met with the Hansen's a couple times in the past week. We have been talking very openly about baptism. He feels that he is not ready to commit himself to something he doesn't know enough about. He doesn't know if the BoM is true and he doesn't know if any of it is necessary for his life. But he still hasn't prayed. We want him to pray. I don't know why it's so hard... If you really wanna know then why don't you ask?? Well... I guess it's faith. He needs more faith. And we have been working with him on his faith. We read Alma 32 with him. We could read Hebrews 11 or Ether 12 too I guess. Those are good chapters. I should have told him to read those... Oh well, next time. He and Dawn will read. Dawn prays. But he doesn't. Also, Dawn isn't quite sure why she needs to be baptized. She was baptized when she was seven and she isn't quite sure why she would need to be baptized again. We have tried to answer that question for her but I'm not so sure she quite accepts it. We will see them again on Saturday and hopefully they will come to church on Sunday. They would come every week if it weren't for work. Dawn works at Michael's and usually works on Sundays...

Terrance and his family are doing very well. Evonne asked someone in our ward if she could be baptized. She needs to ask us that! Terrance and Evonne aren't married so that is an obstacle. They would need to get married before they could get baptized. Either that or they would have to live in separate homes. But Evonne and her kids want to be apart of the church. Terrance is already a member but he is on his way back to becoming active again. They have an awesome family. We are always excited to see them. They will be baptized soon... I might be gone before that happens though... That would be too bad.

That's that. I did a lot of studying over the weekend because of all the free time we had. Elder Dutson slept a lot and tried to get better. He was well enough to go to church and then on p-day he was pretty much back to 100%. Of course! ;). Just kidding. He was really sick. But that afforded me with time to read the Book of Mormon. So that's what I did. It's a pretty good book. You all should read it sometime.

Happy birthday Ciera and Zack. 12, 21. Palindrome. You guys are both old. Its funny to think that Zack will be passing the sacrament. He will be the best one up there. I know it. I just cant wait until Tanner will pass. That will be a hoot. ha. Ciera... You better live up what little life you have left. You are old. Have a baby. Give mom some grandkids. I can't give her those. She would be happy if you did and very sad if I did... But then again she would get to see me sooner... I'll wait. Your turn :).

Love you Mom
Love you Dad
Love you Dave
Love you Pamela
Love you Ciera Melissa Mason Mikayla Cheyenne Zack Tanner Teancum and Lydia.
Love you Kristen.

Love,
Elder Paxman

2 comments:

  1. I feel bad that I wasn't on the list of people you love. Sad. Very sad. However, this was a great email, and I'm rooting for your investigators. They are lucky to have such a good missionary teaching them. And I agree, the Book of Mormon is a good book. :)

    ReplyDelete