Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Oh De Lollie Lollie

This week was whatever. Just kidding. IT WAS AWESOME! As usual.

Things have really chilled out since transfers. I can finally breathe again. Elder Hansen is picking up on things really fast too so he's helping out a lot. I really enjoy being with him. And the first few days after transfers are over so we're past the awkward stage that you go through with any companions getting to know each other. It's good to be with him.

Because we didn't have so much administrative stuff to do this week we got to proselyte more!

The Stickelys are a go for their baptism. It's going to be on my birthday! 2 baptisms on my birthday! And I was just emailing "elder" Sam Metz and he said he's going to come up for the baptism this Friday! So cool Way exciting. It will be so good to see him again. And I didn't even have to wait that long!

President Greer is home now... and President Ware is here. They are soooo different from each other. It's so fun to be around President Ware and get to know him. Elder Hansen and I got to go down to Hermiston on Saturday for a baptism and President and Sister Ware drove us. We got to talk with them and get to know them a little bit. It was fun.

I knew they were getting in on Thursday around noon and that they were going to the mission home. I wanted to see them so I told Elder Hansen we would do some finding around the mission home haha. We stopped by some potential investigators and then the Greers rolled up with the Wares in the back seat haha. So Elder Hansen and I were the first missionaries to meet them! Yes! We even met them before the AP's. Elder Hansen says I was being sneaky because I didn't tell him why we were finding around the mission home hahahaha. Funny. But it worked. But one of the first things Sister Ware told me is that her maiden name is Paxman. Kinda crazy huh? We haven't been able to identify anyone that we both know or are related to. Probably because I don't know any paxmans other than those in Canada.

The baptism we went to in Hermiston was for Mike Munoz. It was so good to see him. He's come a long way in his progression. The first thing he said to me when we got there was "I go to church now!" hahaha. He went from a non-church goer to a church goer. Good to see. His wife looked way happy too. A lot of his non-member family came to the baptism.

We found 6 new investigators this week. That was really good.

The third hour meeting in Willowbrook was good. It was all on missionary work. We all split up into groups and role-played inviting scenarios. It was really good for the members to practice and discuss different ways to invite their friends and family to participate in church activities and learn more about the gospel. Bishop Mitchell has done an amazing job of getting the ward excited to do missionary work.

Love you all.
Gotta go.

Elder Paxman

3 comments:

  1. Two baptisms on your birthday--how awesome is that!!! Any missionary's dream. Fun to have a new mission president. I'm sure it's kind of crazy watching them do things so differently. You're really lucky to be able to spend time with them so you know them.

    Our ward had a missionary meeting the 3rd hour this week too, but I didn't leave feeling super motivated. I'm pretty intimidated to share the gospel, mainly because I feel like if my non-member friends wanted to know about the church they would ask me (or a million of their other friends who are LDS). It's tricky here, but I do need to constantly be on the look out for someone who may be prepared to listen.

    Anyway, keep up the good work!

    Love,
    Julie (and Tom too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Chase, how I love to read about what you are doing. You have worked hard and are having a wonderful mission. What a blessing you have been for the people in Washington. It was so cool how you worked to get to meet President Ware. To be able to ride with them to a baptism will cement your relationship with them and they will have great confidence in you. Well deserved I might add.

    Love & Cheers,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting time for you. So little time left and so much you still want to do. I am proud of the way you have made the mission such a high priority in your life. You have been and will continue to be an amazing missionary. You will be blessed with much more success even in the short time remaining. It is such a gift to have a companion that you respect and get along with so well. Keep smiling, and know that you are loved and prayed for daily.
    Love,
    G-Pa

    ReplyDelete