Monday, July 15, 2013

K-Zone

Crazy week.

I failed to mention that we got a new missionary on Monday. Elder Cramer came into the MTC a few weeks late. There were changez in transfer dates and apparently he missed the memo and showed up late. So he came in mid-transfer and he has been with Elder Hansen and I. BUT! We just had a mid-transfer transfer and he is being ripped from our loving arms to go up to Oroville Washington. I's sad. I thought he was going to help Elder Hansen kill me... I'm going to miss him. A mission is full of saying goodbye to people you come to love in a short amount of time.

We are receiving Elder Tays though as a replacement for Elder Cramer. He is coming from Pasco. I love Elder Tays! He is pretty awesome. He's been out about 8 months. He's a convert and is 24 years old. His girlfriend is a member and that's how he was introduced to the church. He got baptized and they were going to get married I think but then he got his patriarchal blessing and it said he would serve a mission so that is what he did. And now he's here with us in Kennewick. I'm super excited to serve with him.

This will make 18 companions. That is a ton of companions... I must be a trouble missionary. This will be the 5th tri-panionship I've been in.

Another crazy thing that happened this week is that we got kicked out of our house. It's in the midst of getting painted and carpets cleansed. We had to move everything out of it... 4 recliners a couch 4 tables 7 bunk beds. It was a lot of stuff that is now sitting in our garage. We were going to be sent to live with other missionaries in our zone that live way on the other side of town but we asked if we could live in the mission home with President and Sister Ware for the week and they said yes! So that is where we have been for the past few days and we'll be there all week. It's way fun. I never thought that I would be staying at the mission home... It's super cool to be around President so often. They cooked us dinner yesterday. Fun fun fun fun fun.

Part of training a new missionary includes letting the new missionary invite someone to be baptized in their first week. So we were looking for someone that Elder Cramer could invite. It wasn't too hard, we had an appointment with Claudia and Aiden Leon. He invited them and resolved their concern and badabing, they're on date for August 17th (my two year mark). YAY!

Kelly Morgan came to church all on her own this week! We invited her on Tuesday but weren't able to get a hold of her to follow up on that invite. But she showed up and it was a really awesome meeting.

I got to talk in church this Sunday, then I taught the mia maids/beehive class. then we all taught gospel principles. Lots of teaching yesterday.

Good things are happening. We really hope to see some baptisms soon. Especially for the Morgan family. They're so close!

I don't know what else to say. Kind of a lame email...

Elder Paxman
 


 

1 comment:

  1. I wrote an awesome comment and Blogger wouldn't post it. Darn. I can't remember all the stuff I said, but basically it was that this was most definitely NOT a lame email. It was fun and even had pictures. See you soon!!

    Love,
    Julie (and Tom too)

    ReplyDelete