Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Life is Good

I'm still here. Life is good. Elder Metz is gone. Elder Hansen is here.

When Elder Metz got to the mission field the first lesson he taught was with Johnny Metz. Pretty cool huh? There aren't very many Metz in the world. And then last Sunday Elder Metz taught his last lesson. We met with John Metz. Johnny's dad. Kinda poetic huh? Full circle.

Anyway.

I got a phone call the other day from Sister Cockerham in the mission office. It is termed as the "trunky call". That means I've been on a mission for a long time... She asked me if my DL and my temple recommend were up to date and asked what airport I wanted to fly into (I said STG). I remember making fun of Elders who got their trunky call because they were going home and now that's me!!! Gross. I'm going to throw up.

What else happened this week? Transfer weeks is always a weird week when you get a new companion or a new area. There are always a few days of getting used to everything. Elder Hansen and I are now past the point of getting used to each other so all is well. He is such a good missionary. He's only been out 9 months. It's so fun to be with someone who hasn't been out very long. It's been a while since I've served with someone this young. Tons of fun.

We had lots of meetings this week. Transfer meeting. Trainer/trainee meeting. DL orientation for Elder Call. DLC for all the DL's. Worldwide leadership training. Church, stake correlation. Lots of meetings. Our numbers suffered. We did have some great lessons though! Lot's of good things in the near future. Hopefully Austin and Maddy will be ready to be baptized on July 5th! They went camping this week... So we missed them. We'll see what we can do.

Now that all our meetings are done we got 4 new investigators yesterday. The one with the most promise is Claudia Leon. She's pretty cool. She accepted a soft baptismal invite. Her sister is a member in Pasco. I know her sister's ex-husband Craig Crook. She has a lot of member contacts and it appears that she has been quite prepared to hear the gospel. SUPER EXCITED. We're going over later this week with some members. I'll let you know how it goes.

The Worldwide leadership broadcast was amazing. I loved the way they put it all together with the videos and the talks and the apostles and the prophet. Cool cool stuff. You probably know as much as me about internet time and churches being opened. I'm sure we'll find out more this week when President Ware gets here.

President Greer leaves on Thursday... Sad news. I'm going to miss him. He's the greatest. I've learned a whole lot from him.

Gotta go. Sorry about the emotionless email that this was. hahahaha.

Love,
Elder Paxman

No comments:

Post a Comment