Monday, August 6, 2012

Trainer

This week we got transfer calls again. I got the call to train. We didn't think anything was changing. Again. Normally when you are training you get the call on Friday and we didn't receive any calls that day from President. So we were sure nothing was changing. But then we got a call on Saturday afternoon and President called me to train. That means Elder Camba is leaving and we are all very sad... Although I am very excited to train, which makes it easier for me. But I am sad to say goodbye to Elder Camba so soon and I'm sad for him that he has to leave. We were doing so well together. And we got along very well. He is getting transferred to Kennewick with Elder Winters. But he refuses to talk about it ha ha. Usually when someone gets transferred they want to ask other Elders about their new area/companion, but Elder Camba doesn't want to talk about it. I think he is in denial. I feel bad that he has to go. He is probably the best missionary that I have served with so far. And he has had to move around a lot... He has a good attitude about it despite the denial. He'll be fine. But I will miss him.

It is a lot easier for me though. Because I have been looking forward to training for a long time. And I get to stay in Pasco for two more transfers! Usually when you train you stay together for two transfers then there comes a change. Because I am staying that probably means that I will be around for Sandra/Katrina/Jyheam/Jaysean/A'mi/D'vonte's baptism I might also be around for the Orozco's baptism. We will see. I talk a lot about all these people and I hope it's not too confusing. I hope you know who everyone is.

Phoenix's baptism was on Saturday. That makes 4 for this transfer. I've had 8 baptisms in two transfers! that is really really a lot for an English missionary. Phoenix's baptism went well... It had really low attendance, but I think that was a good thing for both Phoenix and his mom Carmen. They only had three people in the confirmation circle on Sunday too. Now the goal will be to keep them active. That might be the harder part.

Linda and Elijah showed up to church! That was amazing. Someone told me they were here and I didn't believe it until I saw it. Elder Camba and I are separated during church because we have so many meetings to go to, so I didn't see them until after meetings. It was so so so great to see them there. We totally lost contact with them recently and we had given up because they were gone. But then they showed up and we're going to start teaching again. They ended up just moving rooms in their hotel. So not too much. But enough to have lost us. I wish they would have made an effort to find us sooner but this is better than nothing.

Tom Duvall has set a date to quit smoking and after he quits he should be baptized. That's the only thing holding him back right now.

Well. I'll tell you more about my new companion next week. I'm very very excited. Hopefully we can keep our success going!

Love,
Elder Paxman

2 comments:

  1. I knew you would be the best missionary Washington has ever seen! Way to go, Chase. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember how excited we were when an investigator showed up at Church. So often they would say they would come and then not show up. You are having phenomenal success and we pray every night that this will continue. It is awesome that you are a trainer. They only let the best missionaries become trainers. I really think you are receiving and listening to the promptings of the Spirit. That's the only way to move the work along properly. So proud of the way you are experiencing this mission. Love & Cheers, Grams

    ReplyDelete