Monday, July 30, 2012

Two More Baptisms

We had two baptisms this weekend! They both went very well. We were supposed to have three but one was postponed a week. Matthew Rose and Chris Beltran got baptized and confirmed this weekend. It all went very smoothly because of the help of the ward. Brother Brown baptized and confirmed them both. They made it really easy on us. No problems. No concerns. Their picture is the first one I attached.

The second picture is from Jason White's baptism last week.

This week we also put Jyheam, Jaysean, A'mi, and D'vonte on date. I think I have mentioned them before. They are the grandchildren of Sandra, who is also investigating the church. Katrina (investigator) is the mother of A'mi and D'vonte and Mindy (member) is the mother of the other two. They want to be baptized so we just needed the permission of the parents. So the date is September 22. The reason it is so far away is because D'vonte doesn't turn 8 until September 20 and they all wanted to be baptized together. The hope is that Katrina and Sandra will be baptized on the same day. Right now Sandra is having a tough time recognizing the answer to her prayers. She desperately wants the gift of the Holy Ghost but she doesn't know where to find it. We tell her that she can find it here in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints but she wants to be certain. We suspect she already has and answer to her question. She has felt the spirit many times with coming to church and receiving a blessing and meeting with us, but she still feels unsure. I'm not sure why... We are going to try and strengthen her understanding of the Book of Mormon and we hope that will help.

Phoenix is getting baptized this Saturday. I don't think there will be anymore problems there. We just really hope he stays active... It's all up to his mom.

We had a mini-missionary again this week. And both times we had a mini-missionary, on the second day, we put 4 people on date. They must be good luck or something.

Every once in awhile we have gone into a home where the Olympics are on. Usually they turn it off quickly. It makes me sad that I'm missing it. But, again, it's what I signed up for. I knew I would miss it. OH WELL!

I also heard that Ichiro got traded to the Yankees the day that the Mariners were playing the Yankees. People here aren't too thrilled about it... Poor Seattle sports... They all suck. Go Seahawks hahaha. Ya right.

Well, I don't know what else to say. Elder Camba has been worried about his weight recently so I offered to go on runs at night. We are probably going to be doing that now. It was fun the first time we did it. And we go on walks in the morning with the other missionaries in our apartment complex for exercise. So I guess I like going on walks and runs now Kristen...

Oh! I didn't know Christopher and Conner were also DL's. I did know that James was. He also should be finishing up training if he hasn't already. I'm not sure what happened to Ryan... I need to write him. And James... and Christopher... Oh, and Conner. Dangit. There is no excuse. Everyone in the world is busy. I should just write more. Sorry.

Love you all! Write me even though I don't write you!

Love,
Elder Paxman



3 comments:

  1. Such wonderful work you are doing!!!!I pray that you will continue to enjoy success in changing the lives of the people. We pray for your health and strength each day, and that you will be protected. We love you.
    G-Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many baptisms!!! How great that you get to be involved in such an important work. Keep it up, and know we are praying for you here. Tom, Emily, Paul and I are busy training for LOTOJA, and we sail sometimes for fun. It's been a great Summer.

    Love ya!
    Your favorite aunt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm . . . if Elder Camba is the skinny dude in the picture, I am confused about why he is concerned about his weight :-)

    ReplyDelete