Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Another Great Week

Well family and kristen,
 
This week was just like any other. It was great. I think I say that every week... I've never had a bad week out here. Sometimes there are bad days but there has never been a bad week. The bad days are easy to get over. It doesn't seem like it in the moment because the immediate results dont usually show. And you are just on your knees and you feel sad and then you end the prayer and you still have problems. But then you fall asleep and wake up and the problems don't seem that bad at all. Perhaps it isn't that way with all issues. But for most it works. For bigger ones it might take a few more days. But I haven't had to deal with any of those recently haha. I am not so sure that what I just typed made any sense but I don't have the time nor patience to reread it all. The ten minute sign just flashed on me for this library computer...
 
We have 6 people on date right now and 2 of those are set up for this Saturday. It might turn into three baptisms though. It's the Orozcos. Lili and Alycea are getting baptized for sure. And Lili's brother, Mikey (13) just got back into town and his mom is really pushing for him to get baptized with his sister and cousin this saturday. He isn't so sure because he just spent a bunch of time with his dad in California and his dad kinda anti'ed him out of anything to do with mormons. But he is only 13! So maybe his non-member mom and member aunt can talk some sense into him. His mother, Marina, really really wants to get baptized. But she needs to get married first. Hopefully we can put that all together for next month. It should happen. Then her boyfriend will be her husband and they can both get baptized!
 
We also have a lot of good potential on the horizon.  There is a good possibility of 8 total baptisms for us in the month of September. The Orozcos and the Macks. Both families came to Stake Conference. And also Victoria. We taught her last night. We ended up talking for about 2 and a half hours! About pretty much everything. By the end we soft committed her to be baptized. We are plugging along with her. And we hope that it can keep moving forward. I'll let you know more about that later.
 
It was stake conference this week. Elder Foster of the seventy came. Wonderful.
 
Training is harder than being a District Leader haha. But for me, that just means that I'm learning more. It's taking me back to the beginning of my mission. I try to remember how I felt. I'm trying to push away pride and use patience. It's a lot of work but a lot of fun.
 
NO TIME HAVE TO SEND THIS.

2 comments: