Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Baptizing and Confirming

Family,

It was a really busy week. We are still doing our dirty 30 New Investigators per week in Pasco Zone. We failed this week... For only the second time yet. It was kinda disappointing. We were only at 15 going into Sunday... So we needed 15 on our last day. That wouldn't be the most we have ever found in one day but we were unable to do it. Elder Burgess and I spent all of our time finding on Sunday. We had already found 3 new investigators that week but we wanted to help the zone out! So all of our activities were spent finding. We ended up getting 6 new investigators and we put 5 people on date on Sunday alone. Marina, Shane, Mikey, Victoria and Michael are the ones on date. And the new investigators are Marina, Luis, Felix, Olivia, Michael and Joshua. Craziness. Art, Anthony and Destiny were the three other new investigators we got this week. ALSO, I had the privlege of baptizing two people this week. Hooray! Alycea and Lili are their names. The older one is Alycea. I attached a picture.

So! Busy weekend. The whole week was busy. But especially the weekend. Not only did I get to perform the baptisms, I also got to do both the confirmations. We didn't have very much male fellowship in the ward for the two girls so they really only knew me... I was very honored to be a part of it.

Baptisms pump you up.

We stopped by the orozco's house every day this last week getting the girls ready for their baptism. And in due course we ended up putting Mikey Marina and Shane on date as well. Marina and Shane need to get married first. And they will do that on the 15th of September. We just need to go get their license and then set it up with bishop. It should be pretty small and simple. Then the baptism will be the next week. That is also the week that Jyheam Jaysean A'mi and D'vonte are getting baptized. That will be a busy day. We hope that Sandra and Catrina get baptized that day as well... That would be really good.

Elder Burgess and I are really blessed to be working in this area. A lot of other companionships struggle to get new investigators so we try to do our best to pull our weight. 9 new investigators 24 lessons and 9 people on date now. I love Pasco 2nd and 4th wards.

Training is getting easier. Because Elder Burgess is a fast learner. He humors me. I try not to be prideful. I have to remember that I don't know everything. Elder Burgess is a good man. He's fun to work with because he has such a desire to work and work right. I just hope we can work right and that I'm teaching him the right things.

Joshua is one of our new investigators and he is pretty cool. We have been trying by his place many times. More than we usually try. Usually we give a person like 5 or 6 chances and if we don't catch them then we move on. But we keep missing Joshua and something was pulling us back. We finally met with him last night. We learned a little more of his situation. He is 24 and is on dialysis. He has Kidney Failure. So he goes to treatments every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. He has a firm belief in God despite his struggles and was open to learn more. That was the last thing we did last night and we got in a little later than we wanted to because of it but it was well worth our time. We weren't out past our curfew ha ha.

That's all I got. I love you all.

I'm glad mason is transitioning well. I hope Mikayla is doing the same. I hope the book launch went well. And that Dave gets home from Georgia safely. And many more things that I didn't include here... I appreciate all the news from home. Go Broncos.

Love,
Elder Paxman

3 comments:

  1. Elder Paxman,
    I am thrilled with the work you are doing and am so proud of you I am bursting my buttoms. Well that is the excuse I will use anyway. Keep up the great work, and know that you are loved and that we pray for you every day.
    Love,
    G-Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe all the work you are doing and what great results you are getting. I keep thinking things will slow down, but you keep finding and teaching so many people. Love that you have do many baptisms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little girls looks like Saraphine - don't you think?

    ReplyDelete