Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cathlamet

I'm going to Cathlamet Washington to serve with Elder Crowther. Elder Crowther has been out over 20 months so I will probably be the companion that sends him home. Cathlamet is a brand new area. President opened it up 6 weeks ago I think... Elder Crowther was the first missionary in that area so I will be going there to do some big work. There has been nothing there in the past. It is the Cathlamet Branch that I cover. Its not a ward. So I will most likely have a car and it will be spread out. The population of Cathlamet is about 600 people. Also, I know it sounds like a swear word. Elder Dutson and I have been walking around Betty's basement randomly yelling CATHLAMET! Cathlamet is about 4 hours from Yakima so it will be a long drive on Wednesday. If you have any mail just send things to:

Elder Chase Paxman
8656 W Gage Blvd Ste #205
Kennewick WA 99336

We have 7 people on date for baptism and I am leaving... That kinda makes it hard. But I will email/write Elder Dutson to see if all of this actually happened. I'm looking forward to my new area. Elder Pereira is coming in to be Elder Dutson's new companion. They were MTC companions.

I tried to cash in on my free lunch with Elder Manning. We went to Red Robin on Tuesday and Elder Manning was going to pay for us but a member was there and saw us and paid for everyone's meal. There was 10 missionaries there! It was probably a $150 tab. Elder Manning was relieved that he didn't have to buy us Red Robin. He will probably buy us McDonalds today or something...

The 7th person we have on date is Eva. We set her date for March 24th. She is in the process of changing her life and this baptism is all a part of the process.

Umm. There was baptism on Saturday. The Selah Elders had a baptism. Elder Dutson and I taught the Restoration to all in attendance while they changed after the baptism. We got 6 of our investigators to come and see the baptism so that they can get pumped for their own!

So we were over at Yvonne and Terrance's home the other day and I told them I was going to the Vancouver area. Then we asked Adriana, who is 10, if she still wanted to get baptized this Saturday. She said yes and we asked her who she wanted to baptize her. She didn't say anything so we said "Elder Dutson can". She said okay and then her mom (Yvonne) said, that's not what you wanted. Then Adriana told us that she wanted me to baptize her. I was sorry to tell her that I couldn't because I would be gone... Then Brother Norman, who was there with us, offered to come pick me up on Saturday for the baptism and then drive me back. I told them I would call President but I don't think it would happen. Then we finished our lesson and Adriana said the closing prayer. All she said was "I'm excited for my baptism and please bless that Elder Paxman will come back on Saturday so he can baptize me" that was it... MELT MY HEART! I called President and he said no just like I expected. I'll have to tell her tonight. But Elder Dutson will do a fine job of baptizing her I am sure. He holds the Authority.

We ate with Rick one more time before we left. He took us out to Red Robin on Thursday! Nice guy. We talked about religion and other stuff. We didn't agree on a lot of it ha ha. But we agreed on some stuff! Jesus Christ is our Savior. I believe that. Elder Dutson believes that. Rick believes that. That's why we're friends.

I think that's all. Any Questions?

Send them to the address listed above!

Love,
Elder Paxman

1 comment:

  1. What a new adventure you are facing! So sad that you can't baptize Adriana. So cute that she wanted you to do it!! It's a good thing that the Priesthood authority is what matters--not necessarily who is exercising it. I hope you have some great experiences in your new area.

    ReplyDelete