Monday, February 13, 2012

Six People on Date!

So. This week was a good week.

We have six people on date! Our companionship accounts for half the people on date in our whole zone right now. That has nothing to do with me. Elder Dutson and the Holy Ghost are the senior members of
this companionship.

Here's what happened. Elder Petersen served in the Yakima 3rd ward a few months before I was here and then he went to Vancouver. He baptized a young man there and his mom just happens to live in Yakima 3rd ward boundaries, so he called us and sent us over there about 3 months ago. We went there and talked to this guy's brother who is ten years old. We told him to tell his mom that his brother was getting baptized. Then a few months later Elder Petersen got called as a zone leader for the Yakima Zone, which is right next to our zone (Selah zone). He went over to this ladies' (Andera) home and they taught them the first lesson and put them on date for March 17th. Then they called us and told us the story. Pretty crazy! Andrea is the mother and she has three kids in the home, Alexis Donovan and David. There is a father figure around but we dont know him yet. I havent met any of these people yet but we are meeting with them on Wednesday with Elder Petersen and Elder Bale.

This week we also had a contest of sorts. Elder Manning, our district leader told us he would buy lunch for the companionship that got the most OYM's this week. Our OYM numbers have been down in the district because of the cold weather and Elder Manning has been trying to motivate us for weeks to do better. This contest worked. Elder Dutson and I won by 11 OYM's. We were at 59 Sunday night and we decided to knock doors at 8 PM just to do it pretty much. We got 9 OYM's in 10\ minutes. If we wouldn't have done that we would have tied! So we got 70 OYMs and we will get free lunch. Along with all those OYM's we taught 20 lessons this week. Thats more lessons in one week then I have ever taught. We also got 9 new investigators this week! it was a very good week. We had one investigator at church and she will hopefully be on date soon. And I'm probably leaving.

Transfers are next Wednesday so you should all send mail to:

8656 W Gage Blvd
Ste. #205
Kennewick WA 99336

I am probably leaving. We get the call on Saturday and I will tell you where I am going on Monday. It's bitter sweet. We have a lot of good things going on right now and it would be hard to leave no matter where we were. But I'm sure my next area will be great. Hard work will yield the results that we are getting here in Yakima.

I dunno what else to say now. Ive run out of material. Terrance and Yvonne are getting married on Saturday. The Delaney's (A family in the ward here) are getting sealed in the temple Saturday. I am way excited for the both of them. Marriage is a very cool thing. Ya know?

Hey Ciera. You're the best sister ever and I want everyone who reads this to know that. There really is no contest. You're the best.

I love you all

Love,
Elder Paxman

1 comment:

  1. Best sister ever--go Ciera! You really are pretty awesome. And Chase--what a week!!!! I'm so happy to hear about all the hard work and success you are enjoying. I hope you love your next area! Keep the faith,

    Aunt J

    ReplyDelete