Monday, December 5, 2011

Elder Dutson

Elder Dutson is awesome! I had a great companion in Elder Boswell but Elder Dutson is amazing. We are getting so much done! We work so incredibly hard. I haven't had time to think. We are so tired by the end of the day. Elder Dutson is in musical theater. He performed a lot before he left. He has a great voice and he uses it often. He is always singing about something, whether it be an actual song or something he makes up. He sings a lot. He loves to talk too. He usually does most of the talking when we contact or tract. I am fine with that. He is better at it than me so I will let him. I heard I was getting Elder Dutson and I had only seen him once. I saw him at the mission conference and he was walking across the gym with a pea coat and a scarf on with very good posture. So I thought I was getting a fruitcake for a companion. Then I heard he was a dancer/singer and he did plays. So I knew I was getting a fruitcake for a companion. But I used poor judgement. He is NOT a fruitcake... I guess. He is very cool. I want to spend the rest of my mission with him. He has us working so hard. I love it.

Yesterday we made a goal of getting 11 OYM's. We had 9 and we were on our way home so I said "lets get two before we get home" we only got one... So we got home and we were bummed because all we had left in the day is dinner and study. But I said "If we pray we will get one last OYM" we prayed and we had faith and we went to dinner at the burger's. And it just so happens that sister burger had her parents come over. Her dad and step mom. Her step mom is not a member so OYM!!!! we taught our spiritual thought at the end and that qualifies for an OYM. prayer answered.

I don't know what else to say... Which is crazy because we did so much this week. Mike bore his testimony in church yesterday. It was pretty awesome he said "Elder Paxman is a very good young man" He told his conversion story. He talked about the day we met him. He talked about the Book of Mormon. Greatest testimony ever. Then we taught Gospel Essentials and it was a good lesson on the Final Judgment. After class there were a few people who came up to me and told me how much of a great elder I was.

That's all I got. I'm pumped to keep working. I miss you all so much. I love that CD that you sent me mother. Dave sings very goodly :). Thank you. Also, mom, could you send me my Mavs hat that says CHAMPIONS on the front of it with my Christmas package? Unless you have already sent that. Then never mind. THANK YOU. Loves

Love,
Elder Paxman

No comments:

Post a Comment