Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Time

Its Christmas time. Its fun but it is also very very cold. Its crazy cold. its been in the 20's all week and its gets below 10 at night. I wear my beanie and scarf and coat and sweats under my pants. I stay warm. except my face. I cant cover that. but the scarf helps.

So I can Skype home on Christmas. I will split time with Lucas and St. George. One of our investigators, Kimberly, has offered to let us use her computer and iPhone to contact home on Christmas. I will probably call around.... I have no idea. just be ready. I will hopefully be able to be more specific next week. I'm looking forward to it.

I will have the same address at Christmas but transfers come on the 11th of January (happy b-day Ciera) so it may change then. But for now you can send stuff to Betty.

So. We lost three investigators this week. They picked up and moved to Oregon. out of no where. We went over to daniel/anna/denim's home and we walked by the landlord and he said "nobody lives there anymore".  they just left with no warning and left all their crap there for the landlord to clean up. they are just gone. That was disappointing.

Kimberly is back on track. She has a quit date to stop smoking on the 15th. we asked her "do you want to be baptized more than you want to smoke and drink coffee?" she said yes. so we're working on that. she was going to pick us up and take us to church on Sunday with Julia but she got called into work. so close. we haven't had an investigator at church in like 5 weeks! it sucks. but we are so close to getting Kimberly/Julia and mark/dawn to church. also Josiah is progressing very nicely. We taught an awesome lesson at the church building with him.

that's all.... we have a lot of potential investigators. we could be getting a lot of new investigators in the coming week or two. ummmmm that's all. I don't know what else to say.

I'm getting old. its almost been 4 months! I will turn 4 this week. I love you all. Jesus Christ is our savior. Its fun to be able to teach that. really really fun.

The Greers are the best and so is Betty. Thank you for your letters and support!!! keep them coming.

Love,
Elder Paxman



No comments:

Post a Comment