Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mission Life

My family moved... That's weird. I'm sorry you had to say goodbye. That wouldn't be fun. I already said goodbye but it is still hard to think that everyone is separated. I hope Missouri turns out to be great.
It sounds like everyone is staying busy and everything is changing. I hope that's a good thing. I pray that everyone is happy. Keep me up to date on everything. Thank you for telling me everything. I know I don't always respond directly to what you say in emails/letters but I do appreciate it when you let me know whats happening. I love all the details.

The pictures are just pictures of life. I don't know which is which... The black guy with the afro is named Donovan, we are teaching him. The black guy in the ref shirt is a recent convert in the ward named Curtis Fairman. The family is the Holmbo's. The missionaries are elder Larkin and Elder Welburn and Elder Lee... The other family is the Cook's and the picture at the luau is Brother Cook as well. Sorry that's not very specific...

Elder Boswell got called as a ZL last week. I forgot to tell you last email. That would be so much fun to be in his zone. The Zone Leaders there are Elder Manning and Elder Boswell. That would be the best. Elder Larkin got called as a ZL too. Which is odd because he only has three months left. So now my trainer, trainers trainer, trainers trainers trainer, trainers trainers trainers trainer, trainers trainers trainers trainers trainer, and my trainers trainers trainers trainers trainers trainer were all Zone Leaders... That's something.

Elder Camba likes to cook. And he doesn't talk much. I like him. I just wonder if he likes me. He did say something cool the other day. He said "You're such a good tracter" Hahaha I read that now and its almost like he said I was a good tractor. But he was saying that I was good at OYMing. Apparently they didn't knock many doors in Arizona and he doesn't think he is good at tracting. I think he is. He just hasn't done it in awhile. But that's about the nicest thing he's said so far ha ha. He is a very good missionary. He just has some different ideas about companionship unity I guess. We wont ever fight, but I don't know if we will ever get along as well as I have with other companions. Mostly because he wont just meet me halfway. He can be a little pessimistic at times. BUT I LOVE HIM!

My District is an interesting one... They are all different kinds of people. We all are I should say. Very unique. It should be a good thing. We will have a lot of different input in district meetings and other meetings. I just hope we can all find something to unify us. It should be an interesting transfer.

This week was good. I got a few birthday packages from home already. I haven't opened any of them yet. We are just going to be normal missionaries on the fourth. Nothing exciting or special. We don't have anything set up yet because no one wants to plan for anything on the fourth. So we might just walk around all day. And then the fifth will probably be a normal day too. I don't know how else to celebrate ha ha. I don't expect people to do anything. It's just a birthday. I'll do fun stuff again when I get home.

We hit our goal of 30 new investigators again this week! we got them late on Sunday again. We got three as a companionship. We only had one investigator at church this week though... Hopefully we do better on that front next week.

Sorry this is kinda short. Maybe it's not short, I dunno. It just seems like I wrote about different stuff than I normally do. I'll try to get back to investigators and their progress next week!

Love you all!! Go Mavs. Go Rangers.

Elder Paxman








2 comments:

  1. 30 new investigators in a week is amazing. That should keep you busy teaching. Hope the will all come to church. That really separates the men from the boys. Keep up the good work.

    Ciera, you are amazing. Thanks for keeping us informed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your birthday was happy, Chase! It popped up on my calendar, and I thought of you, out there doing the Lord's work. Sounds like it's challenging, but you're having some success! I think it's weird having your family in Missouri as well. I don't like it much, I've gotta be honest. I liked having them in St. George. At least Ciera and Seth will be there!! Take care, and keep up the good work.

    Aunt Julie

    ReplyDelete