Monday, May 13, 2013

I Talked to You Yesterday

Well. I talked to you yesterday. So bye





















Just kidding.

I have been pondering how to make this more full of emotion and feelings but I'm afraid I used all of my emotion yesterday. I'll do my best.

Yesterday was my favorite call home. It was the most fun. Thank you for being such a cool family. I'm glad I got to see Mom, Dave, Tanner, Zack, Juan, Ciera, Seth, Dad and Pamela. It was good to have small groups. It made it easier to talk more.


I didn't talk much yesterday about the things going on with the work. So that's what I'll do now!
We had a lesson with Deanna Badgely again this week. Elder Camba and I were on exchanges and we went over. She has had concerns about the Priesthood since day one. She doesn't understand it. So we read Acts 19:1-6 and Acts 8:5-24. And Mosiah 25:33-35 or something like that. All illustrate the need for priesthood authority. Then we explained the difference between the Aaronic Priesthood and Melchizedek Priesthood. That went over her head. It was too much for her. But we went to Hebrews 5:4-6 and that helped because it says "after the order of Melchisedec". Anyway! She didn't really get it but I think it helped a little. Then she came to church the next day. It was her first time coming so we were nervous but everything went really well. She wont accept a baptismal date but she does want to work towards it.

Chuck Hall came to church too. He's getting baptized on May 25! We extended that date to him on Saturday. He is so so so solid. He quit smoking in a matter of days and has been coming to church for months now. He's good to go.

Tori Sullivan is a new one. Elder Camba and Elder Knight found her and referred us to her because she wants to go to the YSA. She is in need of a lifestyle change and is trying hard to make it happen. She came to church last week and this week. It was her first time in the YSA yesterday. She is on date for July 18th. There's some things that we need to work out but we're hoping that that can happen. She is way cool.
We saw Joe Kindle in Heppner again. He cooked us dinner.It was sooooo good. He's a professional cook. He went to Culinary school in Eugene, Oregon and it shows. He made some good chicken alfredo pasta for us. We brought the Branch President along. He didn't go to church but things are still going well. He accepted a date for baptism on August 17th (he gets off probation on August 13th).

Matt Lindberg came to church again as usual. Things are progressing nicely. He should be baptized on May 25 as well. I don't see anything getting in the way. He comes to all the activities he can and he fits right in at the branch. He loves it. He is way way cool.

We get transfer calls this week. I'm really going to miss Hermiston. The people here are the best. I've had to leave people on date in every area I've been too. Everyone wants to get baptized after I leave! Things are going great. Life is good. I loooooooovvvvveeee it here. No problems. No bad emotions just good ones. What more do you want from me??

Elder Paxman

No comments:

Post a Comment