Monday, May 20, 2013

Hermiston One Last Time

We got transfer calls. I'm going to Kennewick!

So. The last district meeting of every transfer we do 'transfer predictions'. We write them all up on the board and we take a picture. My prediction for myself was more of a wish. I wanted to go serve in Vancouver with Elder Metz. Mostly because I wanted to serve with Elder Metz. I didn't necessarily want to serve in Vancouver. But I also wanted to serve in Kennewick with Elder Snow mostly because of Kennewick (Elder Snow is great though).

We get two voicemails notifying us of transfers. the first is to let us know who the new AP is if there is one called and who new zone leaders are. Because our mission is splitting on July 1 there were two new AP's called. Elder Snow and Elder Kendrick. They were the zone leaders serving in Kennewick. So they got doubled out and in the 2nd voicemail we received our assignments and Elder Metz and I got doubled in! Dream come true right? Best of both worlds! Like Hannah Montana. Only better.

There are four AP's now. 2 for the Kennewick mission and 2 for the upcoming Vancouver mission. Elder Metz and I will live with the AP's in Kennewick. I am so excited I could throw up. Emotion is spewing out of me! Only one other time was I so excited about transfers and that was when I heard I was going to serve with Elder Manning. And that was tons of fun. Soooooooper excited.

Oh, and because I'll be on the East Side my return date is August 13. I'm not sure what will happen. I need to call President Greer to see what my options on coming home a week or two early are. We'll see. I might just finish it out.

Leaving Hermiston will be sad though. We had a few lessons with Chuck this week. I let him know I would be leaving and he jokingly said "cancel the baptism" haha. I feel really bad because he has been really nervous coming up to his baptism. He is a little overwhelmed with all the new things that are happening. Everything is foreign to him and things are moving pretty fast. seeing him so much this week helped out a lot. I gave him one of my ties. His fiancee, Darlene Pearson, has a pink blouse that matches it so she was excited. When I gave it to him at church Sister Pearson almost hugged me then she realized I was a missionary and recoiled. Funny. Chuck is the coolest guy in Hermiston. He calls himself "the Old Man that Doesn't Know What He's Doing" and Aunt Lillie is 'the Crazy Old Lady" haha. Chuck doesn't act that old, but he's 70. He definitely knows what he's doing though. Aunt Lillie acts old. Not quite like a 96 year old though. And she's not THAT crazy. Just kinda crazy. Good good family. I'll miss them. Chuck gets baptized this Saturday.

Matt Lindberg gets baptized this weekend too. I'll miss both the baptisms. Oh well. Planning out a baptism and making sure it runs smoothly is stressful anyway. I just got to do the teaching :)
Joe Kindle, Tori Sullivan, and Mckenzee Hendrickson all have baptismal dates too. They're all getting there. I think they'll all be baptized. Joe wont be until August. Tori is working out housing situations. Mckenzee needs support from her parents. But they are all getting there.

We had zone conference on Tuesday too. It was all about the Savior. It was a unique Zone Conference. All on the Atonement and Repentance. I liked it a lot. It was President and Sister Greer's last one. Sad. I'm really going to miss them.

Well. There are 8 sisters in the Kennewick zone. That will be fun. Elder Dutson is also there. He finishes his mission in a month so I will watch him die. I'm excited to get to serve around him again! It's been forever. I'll be serving in President Greer's ward, or the mission home's ward I guess. The Temple is in my area too. Fun fun fun.

I'm going to miss Elder Camba. and Elder Hutchens I guess :). But mostly Elder Camba. Elder Knight is getting transferred to Kennewick too. I have been his zone leader for 4 transfers now and after I go home I will have been his zone leader for 6 of his first 7 transfers. I've spent a lot of time around him! Good thing I like him. He's fun :)
ANYWAY! I'm rambling. I probably forgot something too. I always run out of time!
I love you all

Elder Paxman



3 comments:

  1. You are looking good, Chase. I am so excited for your "good luck" transfer. What a cool coincidence to get the companion and the place you want. You must be doing something right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that guy going to SWIM in his truck?? Oh boy. Such awesome news on your perfect transfer. You deserve it!! I'm sure you'll enjoy your last three months. It's amazing how fast your missions seems to have gone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,
    Things do go well for us when we try hard to do what is right. I am so happy for your transfer, and a little sad to have you leave Hermiston. I do have family there somewhere, but I cannot even tell you their name. They are on the Cable side, so someone might recognize my father's name. I would like you to check for a past Stake President Elton Hunt and his wife Sharlene. They used to live in Kennewick. I am so old, they may have left this world, but if you could have a visit with them, that would be so cool.
    I love you Elder, and I am so proud of all you have done and are still doing.
    G-Pa Cable

    ReplyDelete