Monday, April 15, 2013

I'm Still Here

Well. I'm still here. Ever since we were given the option to email friends I have spent a lot more time doing that and my large email has suffered greatly. So I apologize. But you'll probably just have to deal with it until President Greer authorizes us more time to email.
 
Mason's emails are the best. Greatest part of my week. Hands down. I love hearing from him. Because it's exactly what I did in the MTC! How cool is that? Man. I hope my emails are half as good as his. I need to work on that.
 
Well. Four months left. Everyone seems to keep reminding me of that haha. I guess that's just what happens. I'll probably get it for the next four months.
 
Ummm. I have a mission great grandson. Elder Burgess (my son) trained and his trainee is training. So I'm a great grandfather! Splendid.
 
We still only have one person on date. We're working on that... Troy and Jeremy and Mary came to church this week. Mary is our duplex neighbor. We share a wall with her. She only complains sometimes about the noise... Jeremy and Troy are in the YSA. They're doing alright... Not too much progression. Jeremy's 16 year old sister is getting baptized on the 27th but he's moving a little slower because he's 23 and likes to party. Sounds like the life.
 
The zone is focusing on something a lot different than we ever have before. We're focusing on working with the members and contacting referrals. That has always been a focus but never this big. It's a different way to do it for sure. It's something that needed to happen though in preparation for all the missionaries that are coming. We need work to do! We have work to do... But we also need it. So we're working a lot with our ward mission leaders and all members of the ward. And we're tracking daily our contacted referrals as a zone.
 
We're trying to keep the focus on New investigators too but we're broadening our focus. Hopefully it will be successful. This was Elder Hutchens' idea so if it fails then all the blame goes on him! But if it succeeds then all the credit goes to me. Because I'm the best. None of that is true. I'm backing Elder Hutchens up. It's a good idea. We're sticking with it. I promise. Believe me!
 
Elder Camba is living with me again. It's so good to hear about all the people in Pasco that are still active. Kinda a bummer to hear about the ones who are inactive. I looked over it and it looks like about half of the people I taught and baptized have stayed active thus far. It doesn't take long to find out how committed you are... The ones in pasco are doing great though. It sounds like all of the people in pasco 2nd ward have stayed active whereas a lot in 4th ward stopped coming. Roni Gardner. The Scott family. Zack and Olivia Milton. Baby Ann Jorimle. And many others. They're all doing great :) It's good to have Elder Camba back.
 
Well. No more time to chat. Write mason stuff. He needs it more than me.
 
Elder Paxman

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work. It usually is more productive if you are able to get the members to become involved in the work with referrals. Hope it works for you as well. Love you Elder.
    G-Pa

    ReplyDelete