Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Busy Busy Busy

I dunno what happened this week. It was too long ago.

We went to the temple today! I learned stuff. It's good to go there. That is why I didn't email yesterday you see. I keep forgetting to warn you of when that happens. You can expect me to forget again in 12 weeks.

We had a happy new years holiday. We went to bed at 10:30.

Trina is doing awesome. She feels like she has her answer and is ready to get baptized. Two more weeks and she will be a member. Whenever she mentions to people in the branch that she isn't a member they're shocked. She looks like she's been a member her whole life. But then you talk to her and realize she isn't. Nothing against her. She just doesn't know. Very much. But she's learning! And excited. That's nice.
It's also nice to know that she isn't just doing this because her boyfriend Josh wants her to. I can tell that she is doing it for herself. We taught her a few different times this week and it went well. We finished up the commandments with her. We were worried about the word of wisdom but she had no problems with that at all. We had some problems with the Law of Chastity but those were small and we sorted them out. She was willing to pay her tithing and she comes to church every week that she doesn't work. She has been asking for more Sundays off and it seems to be getting better. I'm happy for her.

James has disappeared. He never answers the door. I hope he's doing okay. He might be smoking a lot and because of that he is embarrassed and hiding from us. We hope to be able to patch things up with him soon. We pray that he will make it to church this week but first we just have to meet with him.

Candice and Brandon are doing amazing. They weren't phased by the crazy sacrament meeting last week, and this week's fast and testimony meeting was wonderful. It was probably the best one I've ever been in. They seemed to enjoy it. Chase and Gage came in with their Kindle Fire's and we thought they were going to be playing games the whole time. But they brought them because they don't have the internet at their house and wanted to use the church's internet so they could download the scriptures. They spent the whole sacrament meeting reading the Book of Mormon. Then they hooked up with all their friends for primary. It all went really smooth. They don't have a baptismal date yet but we hope that this week they will. Sometime in early February we are hoping. They are all great people.

This week was a long week. We had a lot of stuff going on. I didn't realized that until I reviewed what happened while sitting at this computer. We had one district meeting on Tuesday. ZLC on Wednesday. an exchange with the AP's on Friday, specialized training and interviews on Saturday, and then a temple trip today. It kinda throws you off when you have that much stuff going on. We are also exchanging in a few hours. I'll be going down to Toppenish tonight. Busy busy busy. I guess that's a good thing though.

I got to bear my testimony in 3 different sacrament meetings on Sunday. I figured that would be the only time that I would have that opportunity so I decided to stand up in all three and bear my testimony. It was fun. And different every time.

Jimmy and Kaysie are still on date. They're doing okay. But they didn't come to church. They are still loving it. They have a long way to go. Get married. Quit smoking and drinking and hooka and who knows what else. And they have to come to church! But they seem to recognize the spirit and want to change. We will see them soon and try to get them back on track. We just need to go over with them all that they need to do before they're baptized. We hope that they want it enough. I guess our job is to bring the Spirit into their lives so that they will have the strength to make that decision.

That's a lot of who we're working with. There are others but they aren't as far along.

Love you all. I'm doing well. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now. That's the truth. I love doing this.

Love,
Elder Paxman

No comments:

Post a Comment