Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Transfer Call

Normally we get the transfer call on Saturdays but we were informed this week that it wasn't coming until today! But don't worry, they sent it out this morning. I'm not going anywhere. Well I guess I am. But I'm staying in this area. We are moving into our Bishop's home. So my new address will be:

Elder Chase Paxman
4716 Hilltop Dr.
Pasco, WA 99301

We move in tomorrowish so start sending stuff there!

There were a lot of changes in our zone though. We got 25 new missionaries this transfer. When I came into the field we came with 20 new missionaries and that was the most in our missions history until now. Due to all of the new missionaries, there needed to be a lot of changes made to make room for them. But Elder Burgess and I stayed the same thank goodness. I don't think I could have left this area with all the baptisms that we have this upcoming weekend. Elder King is coming back to Pasco as a zone leader again and Elder Powell is going home tomorrow. Elder Barton and Elder King (our zone leaders) will also be training a new Spanish missionary. That will be way fun for them. Elder Wakefield got transferred :( But he is being replaced by Elder Palmer!!! I love love love Elder Palmer. I haven't seen him very much since the MTC so it will be great to be in his zone and see him more often.

The other two companionships in my district are changing as well. I would say for the better... Hopefully my job as District Leader will be easier.

We have 7 baptismal interviews tonight and they will all be baptized this Saturday at 12 and 1. Marina and Shane got married on Saturday! I would send you pictures but I most definitely didn't take any... Sorry! They are now married and no longer breaking the Law of Chastity so they can get baptized. Marina's son Mikey is getting baptized with them too.

The other four are Jyheam Jaysean A'mi and De'vonte. They are all black. I learned that Jyheam and Jaysean and their two younger siblings Jordan and Mariah are all named after famous singers. I've never heard of Jyheam the famous singer. But Jyheam the 10 year old insists that he is an old famous singer. Jordan is named after Jordin Sparks even though Jordan is a boy... Poor kid. Named after a girl.

Those 7 are good to go. We are pushing for Sandra and Catrina to get baptized on the 29th. And Alex is still on track for that day too. He came to church this week and told everyone he could that he was getting baptized on the 29th. So hopefully it works out... We're trying to get him to members homes so that people will feel the need to fellowship him. He talks a lot. I love him a lot. I really hope he gets baptized.

Olivia and Michael are still on date for the 13th of October but we have to focus a little more on them. We've been so focused on the others that they have lost some of our attention. Hopefully we can make some better progress with that family this week.

We still have 50 investigators... It's way to many to keep track of. I kinda love having that problem. We only have 10 on date right now but that's still a ton. Another good problem to have. I hope we can keep it up after the 7 baptisms this Saturday. I'm looking forward to this transfer. I just hope Elder Burgess and I can teach better together. That's my main concern. I don't think he realizes it but we don't teach with very much unity. I'm trying to work on it with him but it's hard. We get along just fine though. It's just a matter of getting better at our missionary work. Then we can work better

I heard the Utes won. And some other stuff about sports but way to much is happening for me to keep track of it all just from hearsay. I'm glad the Utes won though. that makes me happy.

well I think that's all. I'm sorry if I forgot anything.

Love you all!

Love,
Elder Paxman

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe the work that is going on up there--you'd think with all those baptisms and investigators that you were in South America or something! So cool that this is happening right here in the good 'ole U.S.A. Nice work Chase. I'm proud to be your (favorite) Aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good work you are doing!! I am so impressed with the numbers you are talking about, but even more impressed with the people who are willing to "Come Unto Christ." What a difference you, with the assistance of the Spirit, are making in their lives. I hope the Ward will do a great job of loving and fellowshipping them. We love you and pray for your continued success, health, and happiness.
    G-Pa

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some of the best problems ever. Too many investigators. Too many people on date. I have never heard of any set of elders who have 50 people in their teaching pool. You must be doing something right. Keep it up. I just finished reading The Infinite Atonement by Tad Callister. It is excellent. You will have to remember to read it when you come home. I hope your new converts are welcomed with open arms by the members of the ward. It is the best way to keep them active and progressing. Enjoy your new abode. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete