Monday, May 14, 2012

Transferred to Pasco

I don't know if I have too much to say... I just talked to you. But I will try.

I'm going to Pasco to cover the 2nd and 4th wards there. It's a big area and I will have a car again. I'll be with Elder Lee. I have heard that he is very funny and a hard worker. He is a really big Polynesian and he snores loudly, people say he is the loudest snorer in the mission. He just served for three transfers with the same companion and they didn't really get along so hopefully I will be good for him...

Pasco is hot. And I will be there for the summer. It is very deserty. Elder Boswell just came from there so he told me a little of what I could expect. I'm excited to go. The hardest part is leaving the members of the branch and people like Frances and Stan and Mark. I'll get over that too though... I'm excited to get to know more people and work in the Tri-Cities for the first time. The area that I'm going to had 14 baptisms in 5 weeks just a few months ago. It has cooled down since but I'm sure it's a great ward to do missionary work in.

Things change fast in a mission... I wasn't prepared for this one but I have come to a better understanding over the past few days. I'm excited.

Frances came to church and to a baptism on Saturday. She was upset to hear I was going but she still seems strong and she wants to be a member of the branch. She loves the spirit there and loves how happy everyone is. She made the comment that no one seemed to feel like it was a chore to go to church. Everyone was happy to be there. And she wants to be a part of that. She will be on May 26th when she gets baptized.

I don't even know what else to say. I already said it all yesterday ha ha. Ummmm. I get to drive from Vancouver to Tri-Cities. That will be fun.

Pray for missionary experiences. They will happen if you look for them. That will bring you a lot of happiness. I promise. Don't be scared. FEAR - False Evidence Appearing Real. That is something I taught in my last district meeting.
 
I'm sorry this is so short. I know I will look back later today and realize that I could have said more about something... I love you all. I pray for you daily. Stay safe. Stay happy.

Love,

Elder Paxman

No comments:

Post a Comment