Friday, May 11, 2012

24 Lessons

So this week was a good one. We teach a lot. We taught 24 lessons this week. Yesterday we had a good experience.

When I first got to Cathlamet the members we live with told us that they gave a book of mormon to their neighbors as a part of the "book of mormon challenge" that the missionaries had instituted for a couple weeks. So we went over and followed up. They seemed uninterested but nice and told us it wasn't a good time but we could try back again another time. So we tried and tried with no response. Now it's two months later and we still have minimal contact with this family. Now, when we say "neighbor" it means that they are right next to us but to get to their house we have to drive. We cant walk. Because we are on a hill and they have a fence between the houses. So we drive down our hill, go around and drive up their hill. Just to go next door. And I was about ready to drop them because they weren't going anywhere, they were just too nice to say no. We set up an appointment to see them yesterday at 3:30 after lunch and I said "lets just not go, they aren't going to be interested, let's just erase them from our board" But Elder Mellies told me we should go, so we did. And now we have two new investigators... Humbled. They listened to a shortened first lesson and it seemed to make a lot of sense to them. We're going back next Sunday. I still don't see much promise but that might change in the future too. Perhaps I need more faith. Don't we all?

We also went on a couple of exchanges this week. One was with Elder Mitchell and we ended up spending the day in Woodland knocking doors all day. One of our Zone Leaders goes home next Tuesday, and he has planned to have a presentation this Saturday and he wanted everyone in woodland to know about it. So all the missionaries in our zone went to Woodland and we handed out flyers. Elder Randall and Elder Smith (our Zone Leaders) went to churches in the area to personally invite pastors and ministers of other faiths to this event. We are going to blitz that area again on Wednesday. Which isn't really great for us but that's okay. We like to help other elders.

I got an email from James. Elder Peterson. He says that he just hit his year mark a few days ago. He finally knows the language. He is senior companion for the first time and was just called as DL. He is going to finish training a missionary so it should be a great experience for him. He is in his third area and on his 6th companion I think... He also has a baptism this week and he will be performing it for the first time. He's nervous. But I'm sure he will be fine.

We got an voice mail from a guy a few days ago. It was hilarious. I have no idea who it was. We knocked on his door and left a card but he wasn't home. It went a little like this... "Stay the H of my property, I don't believe in your religion and I'm sick of you pestering me. The next time some SOB comes on my property I'm gonna punch him in the nose. I don't like your religion. F off." hahahaha. If you don't think that's funny then you need funny lessons. He sounded like he was in his 70's.

Frances is still doing wonderful. She is going to be baptized on the 26th. She is attending a child of record baptism on the 12th to see how it all goes. She is coming to church on the 13th. MOTHERS DAY!!! Im excited to see my family that day.

OH! also. We get transfer calls this Saturday. I don't think anything will change for me. But you never know... I really really hope I stay. I don't want to move again. I like Cathlamet a lot. I don't know which I like better. Here or Yakima... That is a tough one... Ask me again on Sunday. Don't forget. They are both so great. I do miss Elder Dutson a lot though.

I ran out of time... I had a lot of emails to read today. I would write more but I always end up reading for most of my time. Maybe I should learn to read faster.

I love you all. Stay happy Kristen.

Love
Elder Paxman

No comments:

Post a Comment