Monday, April 2, 2012

General Conference

Hello there family,

This week was transfers and I didn't expect anything to happen! But Elder Crowther got transfered... Sad sad day. I'm getting Elder Mellies. He came out with me but he was in a different MTC district so I don't really know him. I'm looking forward to it. It's kinda scary taking over the area after only 6 weeks but it will be fun to get to drive. I will probably be senior companion officially. Its about time! just kidding... but really.

Elder Crowther was sad about leaving too. He wanted to finish his mission in Cathlamet. I don't blame him either. It is way fun here. There is no place like it. Beautiful Wahkaikum county. The work is really picking up too.

Kyle is off date haha. That was quick. We met with him on Tuesday and he told us that he has 5 felonies and is on parole. Not surprising but kinda disappointing. Also, when we taught him and Sam the Law of Chastity they just laughed hahaha. Yeah... that isn't a good sign. So we will keep working with him. He is always way excited to meet with. I love teaching him. Each lesson I know he feels the spirit, now the point is just to get him to do something about it. He needs to move out or get married. Sam's parents don't like Kyle... They don't want her to get married to him. He is a good kid but he is a bum sometimes. He still doesn't have a job and he isn't doing much to find one. He needs to get with it. We are still making progress. You just cant be baptized when you are on parole or probation. He wont be off that until he is 21. which is a year and a half from now. So now we just get to teach him. Hope that takes him somewhere.

I got to watch conference. My favorite was on the first day in the morning. Elder Hallstrom. When he spoke about the church vs the gospel. That answered a lot of specific questions that I had going into conference. I will definitely read that one again. I also liked the rest of them too! Because all GC talks are good. It was a good way to spend 10 hours of my weekend. I feel so motivated and inspired after conference. The trick is to make that last and to be able to feel the same things just as intensely every day. That is hard. Keep reading and praying. And being a good missionary.

President Greer has issued a Book of Mormon challenge to all the missionaries in this mission. When Elder Nelson was here a few weeks ago he made the comment a few different times that the Book of Mormon was translated between April 7 - June 30. That is about 7 pages a day. He translated the whole thing in that short a time. So the challenge to us is to read it in between those days this year. That goes along nicely with a yearly goal that I have for 2012 to read the Book of Mormon 4 times so I think I will accept the challenge. Anyone who wants to back home can do the same thing. It takes me about 30 minutes to read 7 pages (or 3 chapters) from the Book of Mormon. You just have to keep that up every day for a couple months! I'm excited to do that.

Elder Manning got called as a Zone Leader. I don't know how much I talked about him. He is a friend back from Yakima. He was our ride every p-day! I'm way excited for him! Good guy. Elder Boswell is coming to my zone too so I will get to see him again soon!

Time moves so fast... I cant believe it is already April. I really hope I am using the short time that I have wisely. I'm trying my best. Sorry I don't ever write a lot. I wish I could write more for you. Just know that I am very happy. I cant think of any problems that are going on here. I get along with everyone. I'm sure I will get along with Elder Mellies, the transition is just a little hard to start into. I'm safe healthy and I feel like I'm getting fat because we are eating so much.

Love you all. Especially Kristen.

Love,
Elder Paxman

No comments:

Post a Comment