Tuesday, October 11, 2011

P-Day

It's P-day.
This week was Zone Conference. It was on Thursday. President and Sister Greer gave some really good council. So did AP Gudjenov (I probably spelled that wrong...) and AP Draper. The conference consisted of each of those four leaders talking to us about an old talk by Elder Bednar on how to be a PMG Missionary. We have to:

1. Know that we are representing Jesus Christ
2. Be Worthy
3. Treasure up the words of eternal life
4. Recognize that the Holy Ghost is the ultimate teacher
5. Teaching is more than talking and telling.

If we do those 5 things then we will be PMG Missionaries. That was the instruction that we received. Then we practiced it with role plays. We got lucky and President Greer sat in and took part in our specific role play. It was fun to see him act like an investigator. It was kinda intimidating to be teaching the president, but I enjoyed it.

Then we had a lunch prepared for us and we sang the mission song. Then we went through the RM moment where missionaries who had gone home from the WKM (Washington Kennewick Mission) sent in updates on their lives. I didnt know any of the missionaries but I had heard about a few of them. One of them was AP Baker. He is my great great great great grandpa in the mission and he just went home. Baker trained Hawkins, who trained Fletcher, who trained Larkin, who trained Petersen, who trained Boswell, who is training me. did I put the right amount of greats? I might have missed one. I think that's right though. There was an update on Baker who recently returned home, as well as about 8 other missionaries. That was fun even though I didnt know them.

After that we got a new phone. Our old one was kinda beat up. The new one we have is just a cheap sprint phone, but its still nice to have a new phone. I like it.
That was Zone Conference.

It rained last week. A couple times. And when it rains it kills the work in a walking area. Its kinda just an excuse, but its hard to get work done when it rains. We had a good week. We got a couple good investigators to church. Alvina was able to come, but Dolly was sick due to her stomach cancer so she didn't come. It was Alvina's first time I think... She was quiet but she remembered what was taught and told Dolly about it which is impressive for her. I think she enjoyed it and I have seen a change in her and Dolly. I'm starting to feel like they really could be baptized. It will probably be a week later than we first expected, but they are really trying to change their lives. The other day we watched one of the "Mormon Messages" with Alvina and taught a short lesson. Then we had her say the prayer. It was the first time I heard her pray out loud and it was such a sweet prayer. Really short. But she said "Thank you for sending these two young men to me" then she started tearing up so she quickly said amen. It was very sweet. Now we will try to get Dolly to church next week. She should be able to. I wonder about her though. She is sick and I dont really know how sick she is. She could pass away soon for all I know. I dont know how serious her cancer is. She doesnt talk about it too much, and she gets along okay.... I dont know. The big issue with those two is alcohol, but they really really want to quit and they are not only getting rid of the alcohol, but they are trying to get rid of people who dont invite the spirit into their home. Its great to see that they want to improve their environment to better improve their lives.

Terry Kimbo is the other one that came to church.  It was kinda crazy that he came to church because we have never really taught him a lesson... Elder Petersen and Boswell helped him move and he just thought it would be a good idea to go to our church! so he did :). Crazy man. I love him.

That was the week! I wish I could write more but I am out of time. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Paxman

No comments:

Post a Comment