Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Meetings, Green Food and a Baptism

This is what happened this week.

We had a lot of meetings.

We had the trainer/trainee meeting on tuesday and a leadership training on wednesday. They were both great. I love meetings and conferences but two full days in a row was hard. It made me have a new appreciation for President Greer. He sits in a lot lot lot of meetings.

I'm already getting short on time... 7 minutes left.

Quick story. We had dinner yesterday. Green eggs and ham. And green pancakes. And green everything else we ate. The juice was green and it was very cold. The glass cup that was given to me just came out of the dishwasher and was very warm. So when I put the cold beverage in the warm cup it made a cracking noise and in a couple seconds it broke into two even pieces. It was pretty cool. It split cleanly right down the middle. But the green drink went all over my lap. Good thing I was wearing my green suit! It wasn't so bad. It will come out at the dry cleaners if I ever get to that... We'll see. That suit is pretty hammered anyway.

What else.

We had a baptism this saturday! Israel Mendoza. In the YSA. First one in the YSA for a long time. We had 60 people in the YSA this week because we had Israel's confirmation and there was a missionary farewell. It was a good day for the YSA. Israel is great. He's a little shy and a little awkward, but so is everyone else in the Hermiston YSA.

Hopefully we have a few more baptisms to come in march. We are working real hard. Kinley's was moved to the 30th. She wanted to be baptized the day before easter. We were lucky that was a saturday.

And Natalie has run into some opposition from her family... Disappointing. But we hope to see her through it.

Alright. I gotta go or this might not send. 2 minutes left! Then it kicks me off forever. Don't ask me what I did with the other 53 minutes... I dont know.

Love,
Elder Paxman

1 comment:

  1. When I read correspondence home from other missionaries and then read yours, Chase, I am so glad you are our grandson. You have been a mighty missionary and I am sure you have pleased Heavenly Father. Keep up the good work. You have set a wonderful example for Mason.

    ReplyDelete