Monday, February 25, 2013

Elder Butler Going Home

Elder Butler is going home. He leaves in a few short hours. Therefore, I am receiving a new companion. His name is Elder Hutchins (sp). This will be his first time being a Zone Leader so I will get to train him on that. It should be fun. He's been out about 16 months. I've never served around him before but I've heard good things. Although it doesn't really matter who I get as a companion at this point I'd be happy with anyone. Elder Hutchins will be great.

Hey! I don't know if you heard. The church announced 58 new missions worldwide. 3 of those are the Washington Federal Way Mission (Seattle area), Oregon Salem Mission, and the Washington Vancouver Mission! That means that our mission is splitting in the near future. Around July. So for the last month of my mission I will either be serving in the Washington Kennewick mission or the Washington Vancouver mission. They have already announced the new mission president that will replace President Greer and the new one that will open up the WVM. We just had a new Assistant to the President called too and he is a really young missionary to be called as AP. I am assuming that is because he will need to help the new Mission president with all the changes. We also had some traveling Zone Leaders called to help with the training of new missionaries. That might be in preparation for the split too. Exciting times! We'll learn more with time.

This last week was a good one. I wanted to make sure that Elder Butler went out with a bang! I didn't want him to get lazy in the last few days. So we set a goal at the beginning of this week to get 100 OYM's (street contacts) and 10 New Investigators. I've never had over 85 OYM's my whole mission So we were going to have to knock a lot of doors (and we did). and the 10 new investigators would be a lot for the current area that we are serving in. Long story short, we did it! We ended with 102 OYM's and 12 New investigators.
The Lord definitely blessed us in both goals. We made the necessary plans to achieve them and the Lord made up the rest. The very first night of the week we went to Rebecca's home. She is a potential investigator who's door we knocked on a few weeks ago. She let us right in and we met her four kids. Ages 13, 15 ,16, and 17. We taught them about the Book of Mormon and set up a return appointment. 5 new investigators on day one! It's not a common occurrence to find a whole family to teach. And then on Saturday evening. We tried back by Kim. She let us in and we met her Husband and one of her boys. We taught about The Book of Mormon and prophets and set a return appointment. 3 more new investigators! And two new families to teach! All in one week. This week was a definite confirmation for me that the Lord will make all good things possible (1 Ne 3:7).

Ummm. I think that's all. The whole family is in my prayers. Especially the St. Johns.

Love,
Elder Paxman

Elder butler in front. Elder Nance bottom right. Elder Babbitt top left. This is who I lived with this last transfer


Mondor Family
Laura Larsen's baptism in Yakima in December

Lillie Harmon's baptism
Monument Oregon - where the kid threw up

No comments:

Post a Comment