Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Quick Updates

Short on time today again. I was busy reading/replying to other emails.

quick updates:
Elder Lyells is gone :( He left for Tri-cities this morning and I am with Elder Evans for the next few days. But my new companion will be Elder Manning. I am so incredibly excited! I couldn't be happier about this. He was my District Leader when I served here in Yakima last time and now he will be my companion. I'm sure I've said some things about him in past emails. He is wonderful and I am very excited.

We put Laura Larsen on date for December 29th. It was such an intense lesson. She has a lot of hold ups because her family is so against the LDS church. We told her in the previous lesson that we wanted to set a date with her and she said she would think about it. We went back on Thursday and we told her we wanted to set a date. She thought about it and we came to the conclusion that the 22nd would be a good day. So I clarified that she would be baptized on the 22nd and confirmed on the 23rd if she was able to receive her answer by then. But she stopped me and said that she thought we were setting a date for her to receive and answer, not a date to be baptized. Poor communication on our part. But Elder Lyells said "if you've received an answer then what would be stopping you from getting baptized?" She said "Nothing" without hesitation. So we let her think about it and we probably sat there for 5 minutes without saying a word. Then she said "the weekend after Christmas". So there you have it! She is working towards that date and she decided all on her own. We are very excited for her.

It's almost Christmas! I'm excited!
I'm just excited about everything!

I'm pretty sure I'm out of time...
I am loving it here in Yakima. The family we live with (the Finch family) is the greatest family every and I am working in the best part of our misison and I have had the best companions here. Life couldn't be better.

I am so excited for Mason. He will be so so so warm there. Unlike freezing Yakima. Our car was caked in ice this morning...

I'm glad dad is safe at home now. I'm sure it was a good trip.

I hope I didn't leave anything good out.
 
I got a letter from Conner this week. He's so good. I miss him Ryan Christopher and James...

Love,
Elder Paxman

1 comment:

  1. Such a happy, positive update. I can feel the joy, and it just warms my heart to know how much good is happening in Yakima and that you are happy doing the Lord's work. Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete