Monday, November 12, 2012

Fun Week

This was a  fun week. Life is a little more stressful when you have a responsibility over more things, but the companions that I get to work with are the greatest. It is so much easier than training haha. Well, I guess it's just different. When you get to train then you have to make sure the work moves forward and that your companion is learning. That can be a fine line to walk sometimes. It's good to have companions that know what they are doing. It is so nice to be able to rely on them.  Between the four of us in our companionship we have about 62 months of missionary experience! It is so fun.
Another nice thing about all of this is that it would be very easy for them do exclude me in some ways because they all knew each other before the mission but they have done such a great job of making sure I'm up to date on what they're talking about. They catch me up on stories of pre-mission life. It really helps.

It is fun to talk every night at dinner with the members. At first we don't tell them that Elder Smith and Elder Smith are brothers and that Elder Lyells and Elders Smith were all best friends in High School. But it always comes up in conversation one way or another. It is fun to see everyone's reaction haha. I love it. I think it might be getting a little old for them but it's still fun for me.

Ken Kidd is pretty much ready to be baptized. So is James Draven. Ken is in his 60's and is married to a member. He has come to church twice and plans on continuing to come. Things are going really well for him, we just have to make sure he has friends that keep him coming to church.

James is in the YSA and he mentioned how he wants to get baptized. We weren't quite sure if he could be baptized because he is on medical marijuana. But we asked President and he said that he was good to go as long as he isn't abusing it. He came to church this week and is on a good pace for continued progress.

I love working in a YSA. It is so fun to work with people your age. We are starting to teach an apartment of girls that are all going to YVCC (Yakima Valley Community College). Jaimi is an active member and she has introduced all of her roommates to the church. We went to visit night on Tuesday and Jaimi and Hannah and Hannah came to dairy queen afterwards. We talked with both Hannahs about coming to church and they seemed way interested. There is also another couple of roommates that we haven't talked to yet. Jaimi was saying that Cat would be the most interested and that Sierra is a roommate of hers that is less active that we could work with. Apparently Sierra went to church yesterday. I didn't go to YSA though, I went to 6th ward with the older Elder Smith (Side note: his name is Joseph Smith. Pretty cool huh??). YSA and 6th ward meet at 1:00. 1st ward meets at 9:00. So we have to split up.

Laura Larsen is also still coming closer and closer to baptism in the 1st ward as well. We are working closely with her to resolve some of her concerns. Things are going well. I love working with my companions. I love working in Yakima.

Also, it snowed this week. A couple of different times. It stuck one time. but not very much. I hate it. I dont like the snow because that means it's cold. Life sucks then you die. but not really.

I'm so excited for mason to get his call. so so so so excited!

I'm still praying for all of my family just so you know. I pray that Dad is transitioning well to Jakarta and that Mom is settling in to Rolla. Life is good.

Love,
Elder Paxman

1 comment: