Monday, June 18, 2012

Third Companion

I'm moving slow today... I had lots of emails to read.

This week was crazy. We got a call on Thursday that we would be receiving a third companion, Elder Camba. He came in the next day. He was in Arizona. He started in the WKM but had to go home for health reasons. He was home for 4 weeks then he went back out into the mission field in his home mission in Gilbert Arizona. He served there for three months and then he was cleared to come back to Washington. So President decided to put him with us. I don't really know what's going to happen next transfer, but I do know that there will only be two of us, so someone is leaving. My best bet is that Elder Lee will be leaving and I will stay with Elder Camba. But both Elder Camba and Elder Lee could leave and I could get someone else. Who knows. I will tell you in a week.

Also, in one of the wards we cover, we are getting a new bishop next week. I will let you know about that too. It should be a good thing. Bishop Christensen served for about 5 1/2 years, so it was his time.

We had a baptism yesterday too. I fasted all day for that and for our new investigator goal as a zone. The baptism went well. I was worried the whole way that she wouldn't even show up for her baptism ha ha ha ha. Baby Ann is a very shy girl. But she made it! And she's glad it's over ha ha. Now she can just move on with the rest of her life in the church. She will be confirmed next week. I was able to baptize here. That was a good experience. The water was very warm. I think the baptism went well due to the fasting and prayers.

Going along with that, I fasted for our zone's new investigator goal. We went into Sunday (Father's Day) 9 short of our goal. And we never get 9 on any given day. But I got a text from Elder Pickett and Elder Ruettinger in my district saying that they just got 5 new investigators!!! So Elder Lee, Elder Camba and I had a renewed sense to work and we went out and got one more. Then we called the Zone leaders and they told us that they got three on the day!!!! SUCCESS! It was awesome. And just as a cherry on top, Elder Pickett and Elder Ruettinger got two more before the night was done. So we did it. That was an awesome experience. And the prayers worked! That was two weeks in a row where we hit our zone goal for new investigators.

I don't really have any more time... I'm sorry this is so short. I hope it all made sense... I will try and move faster next week. I'll definitely get you pictures of the baptism and other stuff like that. Love you all.

Elder Paxman



P.S. Here are some pictures from our P-Day lunch today.






1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Chase!! Way to utilize the blessings of fasting and prayer. I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete