Monday, September 19, 2011

Letter From Chase

I am going to the Selah Zone.  Yakima 3rd ward.  Elder Boswell is going to be my trainer.  All I know about him is that he has only been out 12 weeks.  That means that he just finished being trained and now he's a trainer.  I assume that's because he's an amazing missionary.  I will meet him tomorrow.

We just went through orientation at the President's home.  It was way nice.  Beauitful home.  We had such a nice lunch and dinner too.  President and Sister Greer are way nice and they're going to take care of all of us here.  I had an interview with the President, we ate, they gave me my area and trainers name.  And the AP's talk to us. 

Also, we went out and taught an actual appointment.  I taught with Elder Bowen and we went to a young family who had just been baptized about 2 months ago.  So we went and retaught the first lesson, the restoration.  I was nervous going into the lesson, but I know what I'm teaching so it gets easier.

When I was told where I'm serving I got so pumped.  I'm way excited to get tehre tomorrow and start the work with Elder Boswell.  I had the thought that he's only been out 12 weeks so he's not going to know anything and it's going to be hard.  But I'm not worried.  I trust President Greer, and the Lord. 

P-days are on Tuesday which is today.  So from now on that's when I'll be e-mailing and writing.  I thought P-day for all missions was Monday but apparently not.  Tuesday is the day.

I am safe.  Tell everyone that I love them.  By the way, Kennewick is a desert.  Not very pretty at all.  The mission is divided East and West.  West side is green.  East side is desert.  Selah is directly in the middle and to the north.  It should be green.  But not as much as Vancouver.

Elder Paxman

No comments:

Post a Comment